How to use Edit Grid and Data Grid in Forms?

Hi @Tamilselvan ,

I’m trying to display a data table to user using Form designer activity. We are building this POC for attended robots.

We have a use case where bot will display a table and user will filter and choose records. Those records will be used as inputs for further automation. Can you help me with this?

Example:

Thanks,
Ashok

Hii Ashok,

I have given solution for this in above trail… you can check this - How to use Edit Grid and Data Grid in Forms? - #12 by uttam.kukadiya

Thanks @uttam.kukadiya!

That helped! Is there a way user can filter the grid at column level?

Thanks,
Ashok

As per my known there is no option for grid column filter same like normal web grid.

Hi, @uttam.kukadiya can you upload an example to see how this can be done?

you can check this Tutorial on how to use datagrids Using Forms|Table in forms data Grid edit grid|Forms edit grid|UipathForms#5|#vajrangtalks|#uipath - YouTube

1 Like

This tutorial may help you

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, I am new to UiPath and trying to learn forms now. I have a problem where in , I need to set the data grid column/text field components size dynamically so that it can adjust to the size of the input value. How can I do this? Thank you.

Hello,
I’m trying to set value to field dynamically in edit data grid,it is not working as expected,Can you please guide.

Thank you

You need to have enable edit option

Can you please share a sample workflow if possible

Hi Vajrang, does this work with form tasks as well?

Sure ping me at +919642229492

Vajrang

Hi Vajrang,
Can we display an element dynamically in html component which is in data grid? To elaborate, i have a datagrid with one field as HTML component. How can i refer to corresponding column in Data table to show in the form.

is it possible to load the grid in the form using a JSON File after clicking SUbmit button. Kindly revert

@Purnima_Sambasivan Can you please explain the usecase more in detail?

@d_rathi Yes. we can have dynamic HTML element for each row in grid.

html inside grid.xaml (9.5 KB)

Please find the above workflow. Please let me know if you have any queries.

2 Likes

@Tamilselvan I have a search box with a submit button in my form. I also have a data grid that stores values from excel. So in the load, I pass the default values from the excel to the grid ( by using a JSON file).

Now when I enter a value in the search box and press submit, I want to refresh this grid with the new values from Excel . This part I am not able to do. Needed guidance here

Hi @Purnima_Sambasivan It is not possible with input Json.
alternatively you can have data table in form fields collection to bind with grid.
on click of button you can change the value of datatable in DO block. it will update the form with new gird.

oh if I update the table in Do form it aumatcially updates the grid is it? great! will try it out. Thank you.