How to transfer multiple files from one folder to another based on current date

Hi,
I am new to UI path, I want to know to transfer multiple files from one folder to another based on current date.
I am getting the files but unable to move to another folder using Move file activity

Thanks
Sujitha

Hi
Are you getting any error ?
*Have you checked properly the “From” and “To” arguments in "Properties " pane ?

Hey, here is a workaround, I don’t think move file activity works for directories!
If you are trying to move the whole directory use this method. This uses a function called move of the directory class.
Hope this will be helpful to you :slight_smile:
Regards
Niket Ghai

Hi,
yes i have checked properly the pane, I am getting the file but while try to move the file its showing error like
“Move file : Could not find file ‘C:\Users\443919\Documents\UiPath\File trasfer\sdf.docx’.”,
Here i am getting files (sdf.docx) from D folder but why in move activity it showing C folderMain.xaml (9.0 KB)

Please help me out

I think move whole directory then change name of folder

Regards,

Cant move whole directory because directory contains old files too. I need to move only current dated files which generated today.
eg: move from old folder to backup folder

@NagaSujitha Follow attached link its working after downloading file give path in the arguments

@NagaSujitha,

This’s flow:

• Get all files in directory
  • Your condition then move file

My example: move files.contains(“ea”) to another folder
Main.xaml (6.8 KB)

Hi Chinh,

As you suggested i worked on it using Conditions. Work flow running without any error but, same time file also not transfer to another folder. Main.xaml (9.0 KB)

Hi
in the xaml file you provided —
Please look at this step. for each.

following providing your file name not full path of file. ?

dir_info.GetFiles("*.docx").Where(function(file) file.LastWriteTime.Date= DateTime.Now.Date).OrderByDescending(function(d) d.LastWriteTimeUtc).ToArray

so file.ToString is not provding you full path of your DOCX file . Please try to modify the above step .

Hi
In following step please change the “value” to below : this will provide FULL path for “From”

Assing

File item = folder_path &"\"& file.ToString

File(Message box)
Fileitem.ToString

Thank you Allurai, It worked.
Thank you all for helping me :slight_smile:

If you you got the solution , Please close the thread as Solution.