How to transfer a file between two entities with Apps

Hello,

I use two entities for one app.
For example, a “Customer” entity and an “Invoice” entity.
The purpose of these two entities was to have a customer base that would pre-populate the fields of the invoice. Since the customers are often the same, we would save time here.
In the customer entity, there is a field of type “file”.
When I create a new entry in the “Customer” entity, I insert the logo through the file picker control. So the logo is available and usable.

The problem occurs when I want to move the logo to my “Invoice” entity.
Indeed, on a page of the Apps, I use a Custom list (see the screenshot) and I would like to display the logo on this Custom list.

There is obviously one data identical to both entities, the name of the customer.

I tried several things:

• Imbricate two custom lists: Insert a custom list containing only the logo corresponding to the name of the customer in the upper custom list.
  • When creating the invoice, display the logo by the image control and then when clicking on the validate button update the entity with the image.

None of these attempts were successful.

The last option would be to enter the logo by a file picker control each time an invoice is created but this is exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sophie

@sophie.dumont ,

Please use file control to get the data from one entity and then pass the file control into other entity to save record. and this will work.

Thanks,
AK

Thank you for your answer.

Can you give me more informations about this file controle ?
I don’t know it.

Thank you

@sophie.dumont You can checkout this link : Upload a File Using the File Picker Control