How to specify sheet name for excel application scope instead of creating sheet 1?

Hi,

I am trying to write some data into excel file so I am using Write Range with Excel Application Scope and I am specifying sheet name as Summary for write range.

Whenever I am running the workflow it generating output excel file with two sheets summary and sheet 1 but my intention is to create summary sheet only and I know I can achieve this by using workbook write range activity but in that case I am facing excel data format issues.

So, how can I specify sheet name to Excel Application Scope instead of creating sheet 1.

Thanks

@Karun

Sounds like you’re on the right path! Can you share your workflow and we can see why it is duplicating?

try this:

Also, uncheck “Create New file”.

Idea is to create an excel only with “Summary” sheet and then use the excel application scope to load the write the range to excel.
I have given write range inside the excel scope as new data table for testing, but you would need to mention the data table that you need to write to excel.

1 Like

Thanks @pravinraj.vincent for the solution.

This is the only way to achieve the task?

@Karun This is one of the way. I do not see a direct way to do this if you want it to do within the excel application scope. This is because, when a new excel sheet is created, it always gets created with “Sheet1”.

1 Like

Ok got it but Excel application scope activity should provide option to enter sheet name.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.