How to solve this Write Range error : Cannot write to the target range because it has hidden rows. Remove any filters or unhide rows and try again?

Hi, guys.

I got this error as below.
“message”: “Write Range: Cannot write to the target range because it has hidden rows. Remove any filters or unhide rows and try again.”,

I checked that I didn’t use any hidden rows or any filters in this excel file.
I also checked this thread, but I’m still a little confused adbout how to solve this problem. Write range on filtered excel
any advice for this problem? thank you very much!

※my studio version: 2020.10.9
package version as follows:

Hi,

Can you try ExcelApplcationScope-WriteRange (or UseExcelFile - WriteDtaTableToExcel), if possible?

Regards,

1 Like

@111962

As @Yoichi suggested use Excel Application scope->Write Range from the excel section instead of Workbook

Also, try with writing to a new sheet

Let us know

Thanks

1 Like

I tried Excel Application scope- write range
Still got the same error. I will try to look into some other places, thank you.

Hi @111962 ,

Can you share your excel file? so that we can check once.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @111962 ,

Could you check if any columns are hidden in your excel since if columns are hidden also it will throw this error. Actually using workbook read range able to extract the data. please check and let us know. thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

ExcelWriteRange throws exception if there is hidden column or row, as the specification of Excel activities package 2.8.5 or above.

So, downgrade Excel activities package to 2.8.4 or lower might resolve this issue.

Or can you try to write range to another sheet, then copy it to the target area using other activity?

Regards,

3 Likes

Thank you!!
Here is my Excel(Where write range a datatable)
Sheet1 is OK, only when datatable tried to write range Sheet2, it got that error.

同姓同名結果確認.xlsx (9.4 KB)

I Checked the excel, there are no hidden columns or rows, and no filters…

It is weird. Let me check your excel and get back to you. Thanks.

1 Like

Make sure that hide column should be in editable mode,
only then Write range activity will work.

Please edit manually something in hidden row and then let me know…

1 Like

i don’t see any issues with the excel which you shared it doesn’t have any filters and hidden columns or rows. what range you are pasting the data table data into sheet2. and also use one blank new excel and store the data table data into that new sheet and let us know if you are able to write the data or your getting the same issue over there. thanks

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
and I’m so sorry. I just found that this error occured in another excel(write range), that have filters. and I’m very sorry for I cann’t share the Excel here. Due to that excel contains a lot of confidential information.
I will try to resolve this error by removing filters.

2 Likes

Your welcome.

Ok super please try and let us know if you stuck anywhere. Nice connecting with you. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much all the time.
I resolved this error by removing all the hidden columns and filters.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.