How to Retry a Queue Item with Application Exception and Status as Retired

I have a queue item that failed due to Application Exception. It was retried once as the number of Retries in Queue was default set to 1 (forgot to increase the limit). The Status of that item is shown as Retried now. I want to re-execute this Queue Item but can not manually retry it as option is Disabled as below:

Please help with an alternate solution. Can I use Postpone Transaction Item? Any other better approach would be appreciated.

I guess this can help you.

@sumit.tyagi instead of postpone activity you can use max retry(i.e. 2 or 3 ) from config and in set transaction you can check “io_RetryNumber>=cint(in_Config(“MaxRetryNumber”))” also in get transaction state you can check the RetryNumber=0 if Retry Number is not equal to 0 then it will pick the in progress item retries all the steps.

I hope it may resolve your issue.

Hi Lakshay,

I am already using Queue Auto Retry Option which was set to 1 as I mentioned in original post. Is there anything else you are pointing to? Please confirm.

Thanks,
Sumit

Hi @farhaan.khan86

I am not using the Config retries. This is a Performer, which is using Queues and its retry was set to 1 initially. I am trying out to find a way now to re-execute the same queue item again as the Queue retry which was set to 1 is already exhausted.

Thanks,
Sumit Tyagi

Well No, This can not be done manually

Hi,

Your item has been already retried by the Orchestrator which means that it created the New item in the Queue. You should see “Retried” item and the “New” one.
You can manually retry only Failed items or you can clone completed/new item.

Regards,
Kamil

2 Likes

Hi @kmisko11

If it automatically creates new Queue item for Retried ones, then nothing like that. But how can I verify it, as I have 27000 records in the queue.
Also, I have not set any Unique reference while creation of DT/Queue. Even if I use Unique reference, would it allow to create new queue item with same info within 24 hrs?

Thanks,
Sumit Tyagi

Hi,

So, to verify it, you can take Reference from Retried item and search for such items. then open few of them and check History tab. It should contain the previous retries in the history:

“Even if I use Unique reference, would it allow to create new queue item with same info within 24 hrs?” - if you are asking whether Orchestrator is able to retry the item then yes.
Please also note, the QueueItem cannot end up with Retried status - it has to have Completed, Failed or InProgress status.
Let me know how can I assist you with that.

Regards,
Kamil

@kmisko11
Please let me know how to retry the Items in Queue with Status as Retried/In-Progress (stuck due to some issue, and next item is picked up for processing).

Thanks,
Sumit Tyagi

@sumit.tyagi You cannot retry the Items with Status as Retried because such items were already retried by Orchestrator Queue. This means that for Retried Item there has to be New Item paired.
In-Progress Item also can’t be retried as such status means that the item is processing at the moment.
You can only retry manually the items with Failed status.

Orchestrator Queue automatically clones the item in the moment when it marks the origin one with Retried status.

Regards,
Kamil

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.