1 Like

Hi,

Could you please try like below. it would remov
Remove Accent marks.txt (106 Bytes)
e the accent marks from string. thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

many thanks for your help, i was try but the result is not true

May i know what is the language this string contains. Please find the below list of encoding methods. replace the encoding method in the function accordingly.

• ISO 8859-1 Western Europe
  • ISO 8859-2 Western and Central Europe
  • ISO 8859-3 Western Europe and South European (Turkish, Maltese plus Esperanto)
  • ISO 8859-4 Western Europe and Baltic countries (Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Lapp)
  • ISO 8859-5 Cyrillic alphabet
  • ISO 8859-6 Arabic
  • ISO 8859-7 Greek
  • ISO 8859-8 Hebrew
  • ISO 8859-9 Western Europe with amended Turkish character set
  • ISO 8859-10 Western Europe with rationalised character set for Nordic languages, including complete Icelandic set
  • ISO 8859-11 Thai
  • ISO 8859-13 Baltic languages plus Polish
  • ISO 8859-14 Celtic languages (Irish Gaelic, Scottish, Welsh)
  • ISO 8859-15 Added the Euro sign and other rationalisations to ISO 8859-1
  • ISO 8859-16 Central, Eastern and Southern European languages (Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian and Slovenian, but also French, German, Italian and Irish Gaelic)

it’s vietnamese and here’s the string : Tổng cộng

in our case our encoding method is Windows-1258. please replace the encoding method and try.

did my script wrong ? i’m still have the same result

it is weird. me too i am getting the same result. my guess whether the name is having correct punctuation marks related to Vietnamese language since we are using the encoding method for Vietnamese language. thanks.

1 Like

yeah i’m gonna try another code
Many thanks for your help :slight_smile:

An alternative solution:

text = "Tổng cộng"
normalText = String.Join("", text.Normalize(System.Text.NormalizationForm.FormD).ToCharArray().Where(Function(c) System.Globalization.CharUnicodeInfo.GetUnicodeCategory(c) <> System.Globalization.UnicodeCategory.NonSpacingMark).ToArray)

6 Likes

it’s work, thank you so much :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.