How to loop through selectors with for-each? Is it possible

I am very new to RPA and UIPath. I have a couple of checkbox’s that I would like to loop through to check to make sure they are appropriately checked. Can I easily do that through a for-each within UIPath, or is there a more efficient way to do this?

Hello, @gary.vaughn could you share an Screenshot of the Checkbox’s, I would like to help you but I need more details

Hi @gary.vaughn

Yes you can do that with for each
Steps to be followed:

1. Datascrap the values
  2. go to the variable panel and create a variable “Counter” and make default value as 0
  3. For each row in “Datascrapped” variable
  4. Use click or check activity on the 2nd checkbox {after selecting the Selector go to UI Explorer and check if “idx” attribute is there if there just choose the variable(i.e., if idx=2 is in the attribute just select on the 2 and right click and choose variable and select on counter after choosing it will be like idx='{{Counter}}')
    If idx is not there just paste the screen shot here will help you
  5. After creating all the process you have to increment the counter like
    (Assign Counter = Counter +1)
1 Like

Hi @gary.vaughn ,

You can also use FindElement activity to get all elements of checkbox and then you can iterate it in foreach loop.

Hi @Sudharsan_Ka I am trying to use a type into selector. I created variable counter=0 as int32 and give an additional increment to the counter=counter+1 as string. However i tried replacing the webctrl idx=‘1’ with counter. It does not allow me to validate the selector. Please advise me, thanks.

HI @Mark_Rajkumar

First you need to find the attribute in the type into in which the attribute changing leads to highlight the next next fields

Can you please create a separate post ?

Regards
Sudharsan

Hi @Sudharsan_Ka

I am unable to find the relevant attribute.
Do advise. Thanks!

Can you open the ui explorer and send the screenshot over here? @Mark_Rajkumar

Can you please create separate topic for your query @Mark_Rajkumar

This is some others topic

Regards
Sudharsan

Do assist me @Sudharsan_Ka

Can you create separate topic ? @Mark_Rajkumar

@Sudharsan_Ka i dont know how to create a topic but have message u

Click on this and create a new topic @Mark_Rajkumar