How to get manual response (Approve) from User

Hi,
I have one scenerio,

Bot send the excel sheet to the user(Manager). User will check and update the Excel sheet and give approve. After getting approval from User bot will send the updated excel sheet to the end user (Vendor).

Is is possible to do the above scenario in UiP ath?

Hi @BNK ,

Yes this can be achieved.

1 - Send email to manager from outlook activity and attach the excel file.
Note : Make Subject line unique for each approval.

2 - once manager reply back to same mail, just check all reply from get outlook activity.
You only need to fileter those which have RE: in subject.

3 - And last send again to vendor the same excel file.

1 Like

On top of it , you can also maintain one tracker for each email sent and what is it’s Status.

@ermanoj3101 In My scenario Bot need to wait until get the response from user(Manager).

So how many mails bot can send in a day.

If it sent first mail should it go for others or keep on waiting , how exactly you want it ?

You have to put it in the loop your getOutlookMailMessage activity and try to get emails with some interval, once it received come out of the loop.

@ermanoj3101 Bot will send one mail to user for approval. After getting approval bot will send updated mail to end user

You have to put it in the loop your getOutlookMailMessage activity and try to get emails with some interval, once it received send the update mail to end user and come out of the loop.

Hi

Hope these steps would help you resolve this

—Along the workflow once after the excel file is ready use SEND OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY and mention the filepath as attachment with a Unique subject line
The reason for a unique subject line is if the user responds on top of it bot should be able to identify that and send it to vendor

—now the user at the other end will receive the file and he will approve and bot will receive the mail with the same subject

—here bot has to check for all time when the mail is approved

—so let’s deploy this in orchestrator and schedule the bot to run for every five mins

—if it is scheduled bot will get executed and first look for any input mail or any mail with approval and if any found the then it will pick and operate accordingly

Cheers @BNK

@ermanoj3101 I will check and let you know.

1 Like

@Palaniyappan I will check and let you know.