How to get Expression Editor

Hello, When I captured the element I got the below selector editor

But I need this selector editor attached below in screenshot

How to get this

Hi @balkishan,

Click activity → properties-> selector (…) Click on the 3 dots after open the selector editor copy that selector and delete the selector and click ok.

Now you can open again expression editor

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

Not getting properly,

Here I have opened and copy the text now where is the delete button and how will I get the editor expression? Can you explain me plz

Hi,
Instead of clicking the 3 dots, click on the selector section and copy all delete and add the new selectors as per your requirement. This should work

please refer the screenshot

Click there clear and then give your new selector

Regards,
Pavan H

Same I am getting bro. If I copied the selector text without clicking on the three dots.

@pavanh003 How to pass parameter in selectors. As I have passed and got like this

hi,
send the selector will correct and send you

Regards,
Pavan H

Hi @balkishan

Click here after clearing the selector from your selector window

then you will ge tthe window like this
then you can write your new selector

Regards,
Pavan H

Hi,
Clear selector from selector and add this inside double quotes
Add < before html and add /> after BUTTON and then enclose with double quotes
html title=‘ACME System 1 - Reports - Download Monthly Report’ /><webctrl idx=‘2’ parentid=‘"“+ in_Year +”"’ tag=‘BUTTON’

Let us know if this helps,

Regards,
Pavan H

1 Like

But in the documents mentioned that aaname = “ParameterName” has to be selected.
If I will select both aaname and prendt id?? Is it right or I have to selct only one?

@balkishan can you tell me what you ended up doing?
I am lost too. Editing aaname with the variable won’t work…

As of April 2020 it seems that now variables can be enclosed in two braces in the selector editor or UI Explorer.

Ex. <webctrl id='tblExample_example_identifier' tag='SELECT' aaname='{{variable}}' />