Passing a Variable into a Selector Not Working (With attempted Solution)

I have a website where the bot searches a bank name and then needs to click the exact name(since multiple similar ones will show up). This name was read from an excel sheet and is held in a string variable called FinancialResponder. I’ve been trying to follow this solution I found :

I followed the instructions (I think?) and changed the selector value in the UIexplorer properties instead of directly in the selector editor. I attached a screenshot of this below. However it still is giving me an error.

What am I doing wrong? Is this not the expression editor?

1 Like

First Copy Your Selector in Notepad and do updates as mentioned below

What I did is:

1. Copy current selector by clicking on “…” near selector text box and pasted in notepad
  2. In Notepad, updated my selector as below

"<html app='chrome.exe' title='*' /><wnd aaname='Horizontal' cls='Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND' title='" + strTitle.ToString() + " Window' />"

1. Removed existing value from selector text box
  2. Pasted values in above format (including double quotes)
  3. click on save to save your workflow (ctrl + s)
  4. After saving if you will open selector by clicking on “…” it will show correct selector in string editor.
1 Like

Thought I had solved it/ tried deleting the post right after posting. Unfortunately it looks like I was wrong.

"<html app='chrome.exe' url='https://www.confirmation.com/AuditorClient/clientinfo.aspx' /><webctrl src='Modals/AddAccount.aspx?ClientInfoQuad=2' tag='IFRAME' /><webctrl aaname='" +FinancialResponder' />"

It still gives me an error. Do I need to add .ToString() after +FinancialResponder?

1 Like

Everything’s working. Thank you!

1 Like