How to generate datatable with unstructured data and separate rows

Hello,

How do you generate a datatable with unstructured data? I used a Get Full text activity to get the text from a table in an application and saved it in a variable called “strTable”

The results of strTable is as follows:
“[ table 17 rows & 3 columns 06 Aug 2019,
12:58
table 17 rows & 3 columns Company ABC
table 17 rows & 3 columns Company ABC was founded in 2002
table 17 rows & 3 columns 12 Aug 2019,
09:04
table 17 rows & 3 columns Carngies Inc
table 17 rows & 3 columns Applied for loan. Pending documentation
table 17 rows & 3 columns 12 Aug 2019,
09:05
table 17 rows & 3 columns Lifetime Corp
table 17 rows & 3 columns Pending pricing
table 17 rows & 3 columns 17 Aug 2019,
10:55
table 17 rows & 3 columns CommonWealth Ltd
table 17 rows & 3 columns Attached documentation.
]”

I want to create a data table with the columns: Date Created, Company, Notes, so that table ends up looking like:
Capture

How would I do this? How do i seperate the rows accordingly? It looks like every row in the datatable is 4 lines in the string variable. how do I get rid of the “table 17 rows & 3 columns”?

Hi @happygal321,

Seems like “table xx rows & x columns” seem to be the pattern you can replace them using regex or any kind of string operation that you choose to go with.

Also, have you tried ‘Generate data table’ activity ? You can play around with delimiters and get the table going.

Also, you can do string operations to build an array of the row and use add data row in a loop until you reach the end of the data.

PS : I wouldnt call this unstructured, if this is the kind of data you are getting then maybe it is semi structured as we are able to make sense of it