How to find out Color cell in excel

Hi Folks,

Great day ahead!

1. i found duplicate account numbers with color lite red color for 15 rows(Keep changes rows on daily report)
  2. i need to insert the 12th row based on last color of cell after duplicate values
    could any one help in this on based on which condition we insert row

Regards
Govardhan

Hi @itsmegovardhan ,
Check those links:

For the row insertion, I think a While loop with the Get Cell Color in it would do the work. Something like:

Note that I am not saying that this is the best solution, there might be a “smarter” way :slight_smile:

Hi Govardhan!

I built a sample workflow to test this out and found something interesting: The Get Cell Color activity does not get the color of cells that have been colored by a conditional formatting rule (CFRs make duplicates red). There seems to be a slight technical difference between regularly colored cells and cells colored by CFRs. See also: Getting color of conditional formatting cell and/or How to get the background color from a Conditional Formatting in Excel using VBA - Stack Overflow

Maybe you should look to optimize the process before automating instead. RPA has great ways of finding duplicates in DataTables: https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/remove-duplicate-rows - why let the robot work with colors like stoopid hoomans?

Just for completeness let me also address your original issue: If you want to insert a row after the last cell with a specific color, read the full range, use a for each row activity and declare the row index in a variable. Then get the color for the cell by adding desired column letter and the excel row number, which is your row index + an offset of usually 2 (row 0 in datatable is row 2 in excel). Check if the color is your expected color. If it is not, insert the row at that index and break from the for each row loop.

Best Regards,
Lukas

Thanks a lot but I tried applying custom color but still bot is picking white color only by default.

You must be doing something wrong - try like this:

:rainbow: