How to filter the outlook mail activity baswd on SenderEmailAddress

Hi All,

I want filter the mail using GetOutlookMail Filter property based on the [SenderEmailAddress]

how can i do it?

Regards,
Abisha

@Abisha

1. Get Outlook MailMessage activity will give you output as List of Mail Message
  2. then use for each loop activity to iterate that list
    If item.From.Tostring.equals(“Required Email”)
    Then do next steps
    Else
    Skip

Hi Lakshman,

Thanks for the immediate response but my query is there is option called Filter in Get outllook Mail Activity. I need filter the mail address from there which means before i take the mail List it should filter.
So then i will iterate only the required mails instead of iterating all the mails

@Abisha

Try this:

“[From]=‘Sender Email’”

Yes I tried it but from outlook when i filter from my mail address for example
[From]=AG0067878@xxxxxx.com its not taking but it is taking when i give name
[From]=“Abisha Gopalan”
At the same time if i want to filter gmail mail adress from my outlook
[SenderEmailAddress]=“abisha******@gmail.com” it works fine.

i am not able to understand why [SenderEmailoAddress] and [From] both doesnot filtering mails which is from business mail id.

@Abisha

Because business mail id contains both name and email id. I also tried the same and able to filter out using names but when I put email id and did not get any output :frowning:

Fine try with ReceivedByName property buddy…that would work @Abisha

Hi Palaniyappan,

Its not working as expected [ReceivedByName] is i give mail address its giving 0 count.

can you send any sample if you have

yes.lets wait if any one knows about this

1 Like

@Abisha
Hi Abisha,
You can filter mails using [SenderEmailAddress]. Please find below solution.
“[senderemailaddress] = ‘ab.xyz@cd.com’”

1 Like

“[senderemailaddress] = ‘ab@cd.com’” doesn’t work.
It’s only working with “[From]=‘name’” but I’m looking for mail address filtering. Any solutions so far?

Hey sarikayaebru, this video shows you how to do it, How to filter Outlook messages by sender email address in UiPath - Full Tutorial - YouTube
Let me know if got any questions about the solution.

@AndersJensen can you please make the video public, cant access! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey KP6689, sorry it was set to private. Now it’s there :slight_smile: Kind regards, Anders

1 Like

@KP6689 This one goes more in depth :slight_smile: UiPath - How to filter emails in Get Outlook Mail Messages - Full Tutorial - YouTube

1 Like

@AndersJensen Chief! Need your help in extracting structured data from IE.

Im just not able to wrap my head around Extract MetaData: Im using this tag as of now, but throws an error
<extract-table get_columns_name=‘Name’,‘City’,‘City1’ get_empty_columns=‘1’ />

This is the error Im getting
Extract Structured Data ‘TD’: Name cannot begin with the ‘,’ character, hexadecimal value 0x2C. Line 1, position 39.

& uopon removing ‘City’,‘City1’ i.e

this is the error: Extract Structured Data ‘TD’: Unknown name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020006 (DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME))