How to extract one table from pdf which consists multiple tables without using document understanding?

how to extract table from pdf without using document understanding and epilson method

Hi @Purvai_Marwaha

If the PDF is not scanned one

Then u can open the PDF file and do the datascraping operation to get the table and store in datatable

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

There are no selectors in pdf. Cant do by data scraping

1 Like

Try that @Purvai_Marwaha

Once I try to datascrape the PDF using datatscrapping it works

Hello @Purvai_Marwaha,

you can Use data scrapping, Just indicate on any first column you should get a Structured Data & based on your requirement you can change or modify the Metadata.

cheers

I tried its not working

Or try with screenscrapping option

Screenscrapping will.give u the datatable in string format where u can use generate datatable to get datatable from the string format

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed:

Its saying this control doesnot support data extraction

1 Like

Can we see how the data looks?

Hi @Purvai_Marwaha ,

For data extraction, try to open the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please avoid using PDF Exchange or this kind of tools

Best regards,
Marius

Hello Purvai,
In this video, I extract tables from PDF and write data in Excel:

0:25 Install PDF Activities
1:10 READ PDF text, Get PDF page count, Extract PDF
5:40 Read PDF with OCR
6:55 Join PDF and Manage PDF passwords
9:30 Extract Images From PDF and Export PDF as Image
12:00 Extract table from PDF use-cases 1 replace some spaces with | (one column has multiple words)
24:00 Run the robot to see the result
25:40 Extract Table from other PDF use-cases 2 delimiter is 2*spaces " " easy split
31:50 Extract Table from complex PDF use-cases 3 unstructured data the logic will be based on IsUpper and IsLower
40:25 Extract the price value from PDF

Thanks,
Cristian Negulescu