How to extract last row value from datatable

Hi,
I have extracted a few page numbers that are displayed as buttons from a webpage and saved it to datatable using data scraping. I need to get the last page number from the datatable. That is the last row, which has the page number. Please let me know, how to do it.

@snehabellala
welcome to the forum

following statements will do it:
Within an assign activity:
leftside: LastRow (DataType is DataRow)
right side:

• YourDatatableVar.AsEnumeration.Last()
    or
  • YourDatatableVar.Rows(YourDatatableVar.Rows.Count-1)
2 Likes

Hi, Both the above options are not working as expected.
For the first one - I am facing a compiler error. For the second, when I try to view the output using writeline - I simply get system.out.datatable as output, not the value. Please let me know if there is any other solution to this.

@snehabellala
it is always better to share validation messages with us, so we can more close react. Maybe it is telling that AsEnumerable is not available then fix with following:
AsEnumerable is not a member of 'System.Data.Datatable' - #2 by loginerror

See the prototyped statements and it outputs from the watch panel. You can see that it is working:

Input:
[Column1,Column2,Column3
A,1,C1
B,1,C3
C,1,C6
]

find starter help here:
GetLastRow.xaml (7.1 KB)

Just for demo purpose, find an example on retrieving a column value from the last row:
grafik

1 Like

here we do debugging / setting Breakpoints instead and analyse it within the locals / watch / immediate panel
Good introduction on this is the Debugging Course in the Academy

Hi,
thanks for the example xaml. But inspite of adding the line “System.Data.DataSetExtensions</AssemblyReference”, in my xaml, the issue - AsEnumerable is not a member of 'System.Data.Datatable, doesnot seem to vanish

@snehabellala

As mentioned above, the alternativ Statement can be used:

• YourDatatableVar.Rows(YourDatatableVar.Rows.Count-1)