How to edit the ExtractionResult (extracted from Data Extraction Scope) and post editing, need to convert back to ExtractionResult Variable type

I am exploring a POC where I need to modify the ExtractionResult (retrieved from Data Extraction Scope), and post modifying the text, need to convert back to ExtractionResult variable Type.

The example is as below.

I am using a Regex extractor to extract one field (Currency), and if the field doesn’t exist / not extracted on the invoice, I want to have a default value for the field.
And I want to avoid a situation where the invoice goes to Human Validation (Action Center) because of the particular field not being extracted.

Is there a way to default a regex-based extractor value to a particular value (if the returned expression value is NULL/ Blank)?

If not, How can we modify the ExtractionResults output of the Data Extraction Scope and post modifying, change the text back to ExtractionResult variable Type?

1 Like

Did you manage to find a solution? I also need to know how to convert the collection of DataTable back to ExtractionResult variable.