Hi I developed custom activity using C# and visual studio . But i want to know how to debug it in the Visual Studio
One way is to do as below:
- Open you custom activity solution in visual studio and add a breakpoint.
- Add a message box right before the custom activity in uipath.
- Run the process from uipath.
- Keeping the message box open, navigate to ‘Attach to Process’ in visual studio and Select UipathExecuter.exe
- Click on the message box.
- You will hit the breakpoint within your solution. From where you can now debug.
Have a look at this demo for more details,
Am I able to use there for example a Watch feature in the MSVS?
Hey @Rammohan91, I am building a custom rule in C# in which I need to get the default name of an activity, could you please tell me about how to do it?
Reviving an ancient topic
I have been using this for a long time to debug stuff for custom activities.
Recent updates to UiPath Studio (and the executor) seem to have maybe broken the ability to do this?
I now get 3 instances of instances of the executor, I was previously able to still attach to one of them and debug. Now the one I think I need states I cannot attach as a debugger is already attached, I am guessing Studio changed the way it handles debugging and is hogging the ‘attaching’ and preventing me from doing it also via Visual Studio?
I am on the latest enterprise release 23.4.2