How to create Config File and How to Use it in UiPath?

studio

Hi All,
Please could you Help me in
a. Creating a Config File using Excel , where we can store all the related info like Paths, variables, etc. I have gone through the Academy Video under Advanced training BUT NOT able to understand it.
b. How to Use the Config file after created.

Please could you help me in advance as i am in need of same in my Project.
Much Appreciated your kind Help & Supports always…!!!

Thanks in Advance & Thanks Again…!!!

• Pavan

Create a variable and assign your value in this format.
Use read range and you can get the values from excel file @Pavan_Kodali

Hi @Pavan_Kodali,

Let us take the standard UiPath ReFramework Config file as an example…
Open the file --> InitAllSettings.xaml , try to understand the flow.

In the Config.xlsx file , we can see three sheets, where the values in these sheets are added into an Dictionary variable(We have to create it before hand).
First column(Name) will added as key of dictionary and second column(Value) as value of dictionary. so that whenever value is needed , we can call from the dictionary with the corresponding key.

You can get the framework here --> UiPath ReFrameWork

Best Regards,
SP

Thanks a lot Santosh for Providing the Zip File - It would be more helpful for me to understand better. - Thanks again for your Quick Response
Have A great and Successful day…!!!

Hi Santosh, Link is not available. Can I download a sample .xaml file. tia

Hi @sreekanth,

Can you please upload any sample workflow and config file?

Thanks in Advance!!

This is a sample config file, which is auto generated when you create a RE Framework project

Config - Sample.xlsx (19.8 KB)

However you can create customized file according to requirement. This is a sample workflow from where you can have an understanding how to get values from Config file. This sample is also auto generated from RE Framework project, again you can customize it according to need

InitAllSettings.xaml (17.1 KB)

Thanks,
Prankur

hai @prankurjoshi
please send me the config text file.

As an alternative you could use flat text file aka ini file to read/write key-value pairs.

[SECTION1]
KEY1=VALUE1
KEY2=VALUE2
[SECTION2]
etc.

There was no parser activity available in UiPath so I have recently created one based on MadMilkman.Ini library
UIpath.MadMilkman.Ini.Activities.1.0.0.nupkg (23.2 KB)

Hi @prankurjoshi,

hope you are doing Great
I have a little drought in RE Framework files
I have gone through entire RE Framework files, what I have noticed it is well structured and it will helpful for Enterprise Application development!

My Dought is, whether we need to modify framework files in order to kill process, closeAllApplications and for others stuffs in order to close opend application etc
Actually Documentation is not clear as well as sample implementation project is not available for reference in forum! it will be Great Support if you will provide real time ideas or sample

Regards
Aditya

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.