How to connect UiPath running in Virtual Machine to AWS Server

Hi Experts,

Can any one guide me how to connect a UiPath which is running on a Virtua Machine to a AWS Server?

Thank You

Hi @dutta.marina

Please do refer the following thread, it might be of your help:

Also ensure,

1. That your virtual machine has internet access and that the UiPath robot is installed and configured.
  2. To navigate to the EC2 instances page and select the instance that you want to connect to.
  3. Click on the “Connect” button at the top of the page to open the connection dialog box.
  4. Follow the instructions to connect to the instance using either the EC2 Instance Connect or the SSH client of your choice.
  5. Once you are connected to the instance, you can use the AWS CLI or other tools to transfer files between the virtual machine and the AWS server.
  6. In UiPath, use the appropriate activities or commands to interact with the AWS server and perform the desired automation tasks.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

Hi Arjun,

Thank You for the reply.

In step 2 how do we navigate to EC2 instance. Do we need to create an IAM user for the robot to login. My use case is
The business user logins to AWS downloads a business file. Now instead of business user how can i make the robot download the business file instead of user.
I received the following from the aws team.
IAM Username, ARN, Access Key, Secret Access Key.
We tried with Http Request but did not get any response from the API link. Only got reponse code Code: 2000

@dutta.marina

Are you looking for accessing files from aws s3 if so this would help

Get bucket details

Cheers

@dutta.marina

It is recommended to use an IAM user specifically for the bot & you can replicate the actions done by the business users to download the file. You can configure the user setup using the creds provided by the AWS team.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

Hi Arjun,

I am not very aware of configuration of the user set up. I got credentials but not sure how to configure them . i tried with http request but got response code 2000