How to click on check boxes by passing the value from excel for a particular set of data

How to click on check boxes based on the value we are passing from excel.

1. What value we should pass from excel?
  2. which activity i should use ?
    and am doing this for a particular set of users using for each row activity.

Can you please provide some examples of the checkbox & the values that you are talking about? Basically would like to know how do you identify each checkbox based on the values from excel? Is there any relation between the 2.

I am considering as below:
Checkbox1 should be checked when the value in a particular column is Value1
Checkbox2 should be checked when the value in a particular column is Value2 and so on.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

checkbox

i want to click on these check boxes by passing the data from excel.

click

right now am using click activity and giving screenshot in click activity to click on these check boxes its fine for single user, but when am doing it for a certain set of users capturing a screenshot is not a best practice as i think because it will do the same for whole set of people.
So, i want to pass the check box data from excel based on which it should select or unselect the check boxes.

selector
selector2

These are the selectors for first and second click activity which i want to click.
so could you please tell me what value or data i should send from excel ?

While clicking on the radio buttons also am facing the same issue. So, please tell me the solution with respect to radio buttons also.

Hi, Rekha. The BOT doesn’t click any UI element Or check or uncheck your checkboxes based on the screenshots it captures. It makes use of selectors here.

I believe what you need is a condition based on which you’ll check the checkboxes. Is there any column for “Ticketless Travel” or “Same as Billing Address” that says True or False or Yes or No?

It will be better if you could share the excel data that you’re using OR some dummy data that resembles the data you have?

Hi,
yeah, exactly That’s what am asking !!
i made columns for both “Ticketless Travle” and “same as Billing Address” and am not getting what data i should write on this excel columns to check this check boxes when i look at the selectors.
so give me a idea !! :disappointed_relieved:

Did you try Anchor base activity? Pass some parameter or value from excel sheet then in If condition Find the element or image you want to click and then use a click activity. I am sure that would work

well,i hope so, let me try…

Rekha, if you have created such columns already, just add either true/false or Yes/No values in the columns. Let’s say in the “TicketLess Travel” column, you’ve used either a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’. In your workflow, first use an if activity to check if the value for that particular user is ‘Yes’. If it is, put your click activities inside the then block.

yeah OK. using if else means,i think it will work only for two check boxes. then what can we do if we have more than two check boxes???

Is there any identity for each check box and radio buttons,if it is there means can we pass that to the “click activity” from excel??

It shall work for all. If there are multiple checkboxes, you’ll obviously have to use as many 'if’s and inside each if, a click activity for the checkbox.

it is working for first click. for the next click the selector value of check box is changing.10

for the first click the tablerow value is 29 and for the next click it will be 32.so getting error like cannot find the ui element corresponding to this selector. how can we resolve it ?

That means you cannot add tableRow attribute in your selector. open Ui Explorer and see if you can add any other attribute in your selector

Let’s say there are three check boxes. Do you mean the check boxes are being selected for the first user, then failing for the other users because the “tableRow” attribute value in the selectors are changing? OR do you mean out of the three checkboxes, the first one is working, but the other two are not being clicked?

There is only one check box.for the first user it is clicking correctly but for the second iteration i mean for the second user it if failing to do the same. because of the selector value of check box is changing from one iteration to other.

Use UiExplorer and indicate the element again. Remove any such dynamic attributes and add static ones instead.

sorry i didn’t get you::smirk:

Hi,
I am facing the issue,to check the check box according to condition
Can you please share selectors related to
Thanking you

Hi,
I’m looking for a similar solution. I have values in excel as TRUE or FALSE. if true, check the box, if false, leave it.
I tried If condition, and used Check activity, but still not working.