How to update SQL credentials for the Orchestrator server?
Note: Before starting this process, take a backup of the files you are going to modify below.
Starting with versions lower than 2020.4 (included)
To update the credentials the Orchestrator is using to connect to the SQL database, follow these steps:
Method 1: Web.Config → C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator
In the Orchestrator server’s web.config, look for the “connectionStrings” section. Update this connection string to the desired configuration. Read Microsoft - Connection String Syntax .
Method 2: IIS
- On the Orchestrator site in IIS, click on the "Connection String" button.
- Edit the appropriate connection string as desired from the GUI.
Starting from versions higher than 2020.10 (Included), the password to connect to the database is stored at multiple places in Orchestrator server.
- Password needs to be manually modified at below places:
- UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config. (E.G. C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator)
- appsettings.production.json (E.G. C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Identity)
- appsettings.production.json (E.G. C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Webhooks)
- Restart IIS by running IISRESET command, in the command prompt opened in administrator mode. It will take between 1-3 minutes to load the Orchestrator, in case this takes longer, check the event viewer logs.