How to check if a text exists in website?

Hi,
i m doing an automation and im stuck at a place.
To check if a text exists, i use send hotkey to send ctrl+f and the text highlights. But the question is, how do i condition in uipath, that if a text exists, fetch the value assigned for the text and to exit the process if the text doesnt exists.

for eg, if phone number exists in website, fetch the detail, or else leave the process.

Kindly help me… Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’m not sure how to fetch the results after typing cntrl+f

But I just thought of an alternate solution. Can you try getting entire webpage text using Get text activity(indicate whole webpage or the part of webpage where you want to search) or any other screen scraping activity, and then use string manipulation methods or regular expressions to filter your result?

Just an idea. Let me know if it works.

1 Like

Thank you!!! sure, i will try it… :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Inkittuserme_i ,

If it’s web automation are you getting any issue on selectors, if not then why not to use Element exist and check on their value if it’s true go ahead and if false then come out from the process.

2 Likes

@Inkittuserme_i - As per your requirement. I have created a workflow. Can you please use it.

Main.xaml (6.6 KB)

Happy Learning :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Using element exist didnt help me… Also, i have to check multiple web pages and i dont feel them reliable.

Sure… i will try it and let u know

But if the element doesnt exists, it throws error

Example-

i need to take turnover for these two companies from the above websites… The page view changes and the word turnover doesnt exists in one page and in other it doesnt.
So kindly help me to create for it.

Hii.Is it resolved now? did text exists help you?