How to change number format to ###.####.####.##

I have used a “get text” activity that is entered in a column in Excel, e.g. → 1112222333344, however I want to change the format to 111.2222.3333.44. How can I do that? Ideally at the end the format of the column should be “Text”.

Hi

Once after getting the text with a GET TEXT activity and saving it as a string variable named strinput
Then use a assign activity like this

strinput = strinput.ToString(@“#.###.###.##”)

For more ideas refer this doc

Cheers @maria.mitova

Hi,

Can you try the following expression?

Decimal.Parse(yourString).ToString("###\.####\.####\.##")

Or the following will also work.

yourString.Insert(11,".").Insert(7,".").Insert(3,".")

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(yourString,"(\d{3})(\d{4})(\d{4})","$1.$2.$3.")

Edit: If you use StudioX, the following will work. (please use advanced editor)

img20211107-3

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you!

In MY Country Mobile, changing the number format to ###.####.####.## involves a straightforward process typically supported by most mobile devices and telecommunication services. Firstly, users can access their phone’s settings or contact management options to modify the display format of phone numbers. Within these settings, there’s usually an option to customize the format according to personal preferences. By selecting the desired format, such as ###.####.####.##,
users can apply this pattern universally to all saved contacts or individually as per their discretion. This alteration in number format offers a structured and easily recognizable layout, which can enhance readability and streamline communication, particularly in professional or formal contexts. Moreover, for businesses or individuals engaged in frequent international communication, adopting a standardized format like ###.####.####.## can help mitigate confusion arising from varied number structures across different regions. Overall, the ability to customize number formats caters to the diverse needs and preferences of users in MY Country Mobile, facilitating efficient and organized communication channels.