How to calculate the time taken

I want to send an email at the end of my workflow that tells me how long the process took to complete. I have set a “Start_Time” variable at the start and a “End_Time” variable at the end. both of witch have been set using this code “Start_Time = DateTime.Now.ToString(“hh:mm:ss”)”. Obviously, replacing “Start” with “End” for the “End_Time” variable. To calculate the Time taken ive used this code “(CDate(End_Time) - CDate(Start_Time)).ToString”. This works well. however if the process is started at a time such as 12:58 and ends at 1:03 then i get this result.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you try the following?

Start_Time = DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss")

BTW, I think perhaps you should use DateTime type directly.

dtStartTime = DateTime.Now
dtEndTime = DateTime.Now

Then

ts = dtEndTime - dtStartTime

ts is TimeSpan type

Regards,

work on datetime base and bring also the date part into the picture (e.g. recognizing day shift at Midnight)
grafik

Thank you. That will work perfect

1 Like

Hey @cody.barber
The suggested answer is great!! To add up an alternative procedure you can use System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch so that you can get an accurate elapsed time.

It would be a clean, simple and easy method. Interested give it a look!!

Main.xaml (5.4 KB)

Cheers!!

Thank you for the advice. But I don’t want the time of the whole process. I just want the time taken for a certain part of the process. However, ill look into it anyway for future prosses where I might need it. It looks very useful.

Yes… @cody.barber you can calculate the part of the process also.
Whichever activity’s elapsed time you want to calculate can place them in between the two invoke methods. :v:

oh. that sounds like it would work as well.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.