How to avoid the "Move File: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." error?

Basically in my process I have just downloaded a csv file from the web browser (chrome). And then I did a Close application (Chrome) and next action is move file. I’m trying to move and rename the file that I’ve just downloaded to another folder. However, I always get the “Move File: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.” error. What do I do to avoid this error?

2 Likes

Hi @ernimk

Welcome to UiPath community

Fine this might occur because the file might be running in the background…
So this can be rectified by using a activity called KILL PROCESS, pass this activity before the move file activity and In this activity mention the processname property with the application that runs the file…may be text reader, excel, or notepad…
The proper process name can be found from the task manager in your start option 9f the system…where find the process and in that name like EXCEL.exe or notepad.exe
Take the name without extension like EXCEL or notepad and mention them in process name property of kill process like “EXCEL” or “notepad”
For more details on kill process

Thus would work for sure
Kindly try this and let know whether this works or not
Cheers @ernimk

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.