I need some assistance in applying Regex to a saved PDF of an email.
My process is as follows which I am trying to automate:
- Open inbox and PDF the email to designated folder.
- Open PDF of email and Scrape.
- Apply regex to Scraped Data and capture variables (name, email, comments) and enter into Database.
- Once captured in database, assign item to static team and save.
- Restart process until queue empty.
I am comfortable with most elements of process (so far) and how to do them in UiPath.
The part that I am having trouble is how do I apply regex to capture these variables from a Scraped PDF.
(here is a link to my previous forum post Extracting field data from an email using Regex - #2 by aksh1yadav)
I have found a few posts in the forum but none seem to work in my situation.
I would appreciate some assistance with:
- How do I apply this regex expression ‘(?<=name :).*(?=\n)’ to a data scrape variable? (Which activities etc)
- Converting the output to a string variable to be entered into a text field.
I am new to regex and thanks to everyone’s assistance in my last post
I found this video helpful to gain a better understanding of Regex plus Regex101 is great.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.