How do I use Type Into with delays between arguments

I use Type Into to send something like “Hello World” + “[k(enter)]” and need to place a short delay before the “[k(enter)]” (to allow a java dropdown some time to populate).

I do not want to use the delay between keys, and I prefer to do this in a single Type In activity.

Is it possible to have a delay before the “[k(enter)]”, in the same Type Into activity?
If not, perhaps this is something that can be included in a future release.

You should separate them into two activities and set each to WaitForReady Complete.

@grosner

Actually we can given between the Activities, but within the activities as of now it’s not included

So Once you TypeInto “Hello World”, Use element exist / On Element Appear activity and keep the WaitforReady as complete as suggested by @postwick

Hope this help you

Thanks

I understand the suggestions. I was trying to streamline my workflow.
For example “Hello World” + Delay(.35) + “[k(enter)]”
where Delay is actually the System.Activities.Statements.Delay() with some properties set.
I noticed when you type the +Delay a small popup shows there is something available. I just do not know how to use that Delay activity within type into. I guess it is just not possible.

If you use Set Text it has its own wait for ready property. Just FYI

You can’t do that because you’re trying to add a delay to a string, which makes no sense.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.