How can i write the value in existing column

Hi team,
I am extracting email id i have excel with column name email id, now i want to enter all email address one by one in that column how can i do that can anybody help me plz

HI @Sandhya_Gajare

You can try with Append Range activity

Check out the tutorial

Regards
Gokul

in data table i am extracting name of candidate and for email address i am using get text

ExtractCandidateData.xaml (37.4 KB)
In this code how can i write mail id can you help me with that please

Hi

Where do you want to enter all the email addresses?

Cheers

Steve

in email address column

which is in excel

@Sandhya_Gajare

Follow the steps.

Read the data in excel into datatable…
2. If a column for email is already present then go to step 3 else use add data column
3. Then in thd loop…use assign currentrow("email") = extractedvalue
4. Use write range and write the data back to excel

Cheers

allredy not present

@Sandhya_Gajare

Then in step 2 use add data column and add the required column to datatable . Remaining steps are same

Cheers

Hi anil i am fail to that

please help me out
ExtractCandidateData.xaml (42.4 KB)
I am sharing my code here
I am featching the email id of each candidate in for using gettext method now i want to store that into excel with column name Email Address
please guys help me out on urgent basis

@Sandhya_Gajare

Use Write cell with Index from the for loop to change the value of the cell instead of readign whole data to Datatable

"B" +(Index+1).Tostring

cheers

1 Like

This is writing data in excel but not in proper way

@Sandhya_Gajare

What issue are you facing?

Cheers

In my excel i have header as EmailId in write cell i am using below code
“B”+int_index+1 due to that it will start writing emailid from header itself its removing heder

@Sandhya_Gajare

Instead of 1 use 2

Cheers

ExtractCandidateData.xaml (46.1 KB)
here i am sharing my code and let me know where to write write cell activity to store the REQ number in excel
I have try to wtrite after featching REQ number but it showning error that “You can use write cell activity in excel scope only”
and i am triying to write write cell activity for req number after code invocation but after code invocation i am unble access variable int_REQID please help me out as soon as poosible

@Sandhya_Gajare

You have to pass the int_reqid as an argument to outside and then use write cell to write it…

If you create a variable it wont be exposed to the invoked file…so pass it as an argument and then use write cell in ypur main for loop

Cheers

yes its working for mail id now

1 Like