HorizontalLookUp in Uipath

Hi Guys,
I want to add new column to the existing Excel workbook - now the column header will always contains previous month & current year, for example in this month => 82021 but here is one condition: if that column header is already there, do not add anything.

So I’m looking for some kind of Excel HLookUp but I didn’t find anything in the UiPath - I’m not sure how I can check the first row data, to avoid having duplicated columns names like on below screen:

Any ideas much appreciated!
Piotr

Hi @Piotr_Gajewski

For this u can try this way as below

1. Read the excel and store in dt1

2. Now assuming for this month u need column name 92021
    store the name in a variable using assign activity

column_name=“92021”

Now use a if condition

dt1.Columns.Cast(Of DataColumn).Where(Function(c) c.ColumnName.ToString.Equals(column_name)).Count=0

If the condition is true:

Then there is no column named as 92021 and then u can add column

else

do nothing

Thank you for your support but the condition you gave was not working as it should - it was adding the column even if it was already presented in the file - it throw an error after adding duplicated column but this wasn’t the effect I’d like to achieve.

However I’ve found another workaround to this problem with a for each loop as below:

Variables:
dateTargetDate = New DateTime(Now.AddMonths(-1).Year,Now.AddMonths(-1).Month,1)
strTargetDate = dateTargetDate.ToString(“MMyyyy”)
boolColumnExists = False

Loop:
For each item in dtMyTable.Columns:
If: item.ToString = cint(strTargetDate).ToString
boolColumnExists = True
Break

Now after all columns have been checked, there is final If statement to check bool variable and add column if needed:
If: boolColumnExists = False
Add Data Column
Write Range

And the above is working as of today.
Have o good afternoon,
Piotr

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.