Hi I’m new to UiPath here Need help with extracting Email subject

Hi there, I’m new to Ui Path and I’m tasked to create a bot to automate some of the office work

The use case would be for me to extract a string( a reference number) from email subject e.g SR/20200101/0011

The reference number then would need to be copied and pasted on to our own crm software to do a search. Taking a baby steps to complete the project, may I gather some insights on how I can copy the subject reference number?

reference number only and not the entire subject.

Thanks a lot!

Split the subject to get the reference number and Type into it in the CRM software and click on search button.
subject.split("/",c)(1).ToString

Hi thanks for the reply! I’m curious how I should split the subject using uipath?

As the project has other steps that are required to be automated example after doing a search the bot should help us fill in some details and close the case. (which I presume should be fairly simple using the recording tool to automate some clicks.) for now it’s to extract the reference number from the subject as a first step. Thanks for the advice!

Which coding language you are using to develop the bot?

I’m using UiPath Studio. I’m a total beginner so I’m not aware there are other ways to create the bot. :sweat_smile:

While creating project in uipath,you should select the language of code which you are going to use like vb,c#.So myou need to write code to split the reference number from subject.

I’m assuming I’m using VB. How do you check this?

You can find at the bottom of uipath studio