Get Transaction Item: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a transaction item from a queue using the ERFramework and when I am executing the GetTransaction, its giving me the following error:

ddd

I am having items in the queue as follows.Any particular reason for this?

ddd

Thanks!

Hi @Asiri

Make sure whether the following is available.
In the REFramework, output of the get transaction item is set to out_Transaciontitem argument.
Make sure the config file has the correct queue name “uidemo” under the values column of settings page.
Also make sure you are providing the proper name reference for the queue which you have mentioned in the config


let know if this helps

Hi Lahiru,

I checked the above you mentioned and all in place.I’ll do more debugging and post if I can find any hint.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sure… let know how it goes…

Hi guys,

I have the same issue.
Do you have any news ?

Thx !

Hi @Lucas @Asiri,

The error is because you are executing the queue which is empty.
It is task of Dispatcher to fill in the queue, and Dispatcher is a separate sequence not a part of a main file.

Added the entire sequence of Dispatcher in InitAllApplications - right at the start and then run the main file. You won’t get the error. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hey,
I have the same name, but the problem still prevails
Thanks in advance

I am facing the same error. I have transactions saved in the queue but still, it is showing this error. Please help.

1 Like

I believe the problem is that you are running the GetTransactionData sequence without creating the In_Config Dictionary.

1 Like

I have data in a queue still getting same error ! can anyone help me?! @Lahiru.Fernando @Anil_G

Hi @Vidhi_Patel

Can you eloborate…is it throwing error?

Cheers

1 Like

I had same error as the person who posted but solved it , i set robot account and Role to my user of the folder ! Cheers !

1 Like

Look :wink: THE ERROR SOLVING

THE ACTIVITY is trown the error (Get Transaction Item: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

NOTE: That means that it did not find the reference because it does not exist.

There are 6 possible errors:

1 - The name of the queue is misspelled in properties.
2 - The name of the queue folder is misspelled.
3 - The name in the Config.xlsx file in the settings sheet verify that it is correct.
4 - Verify that the queue name matches the orchestrator name in the Config.xlsx file in the settings sheet.
5 - You are loading InitAllSettings.xaml before the activity (Get Transaction Item).
6 - Your robot’s Folder should verify that the robot has access.

Greetings

1 Like