Get Date text from excel

How do I get Exact date text from excel record.
I am trying to get date record from my excel with date format (“DD/MM/YYYY”)

Here is my Excel

Here is my Syntax

Result

@Vincent_Nuestro - Could you please try to change the formula in excel as shown below…I guess it is reading printing as DD & YYYY because it is not valid date formats syntax.

If this doesn’t work, then instead of adding this formula in excel you can datetime.parseexact to convert your date in column B to the desire format for BOT’s entering.

hi @prasath17 Nothing happens sir, same output.

I tried to use parseexact

DateHire = String
DateHired01 = Datetime

Error

@Vincent_Nuestro - If you could send the sample sheet , and let us know the expected output … we could try here…

1 Like

hi @prasath17

Here is my sample excel file.
Book1.xlsx (11.6 KB)

my expected output should be same

@Vincent_Nuestro - Did your requirement changed? In your question above, you wanted to convert it to dd/MM/yyyy format. But in the excel , I can see you wanted to convert it to MM/dd/yyyy format …is that correct?

@prasath17 i am wrong sir, it should be (dd/MM/yyyy)

@Vincent_Nuestro - Please check this…
Book1.xlsx (130.2 KB)
Main.xaml (7.6 KB)

Couple of questions: Did you searched in the forum for datetime.parseexact ?? there are so many topics on this and lot of them has xaml attached. Suggestion: Please browse through the forum thoroughly and try various solution offered.

1 Like

hi @prasath17 can i have sir the xcreenshot?

icant open the file

@Vincent_Nuestro -

IF

CurrentRow("DATA NEEDED").ToString = "Hire Date (MM/DD/YYYY)"

Write Line

CurrentRow("TA TO FILL OUT").ToString

Assign

CurrentRow("FOR BOT'S YES ENCODING") = DateTime.ParseExact(CurrentRow("TA TO FILL OUT").ToString,"MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss",CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).ToString("dd/MM/yyyy")
1 Like

Hello @Vincent_Nuestro have you tried using this property to read excel files…?

This option will read everything as a string.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.