Forward a HTML email adding a message - added message doesn't appear and all images are tuned to attachments

Hello, i’m currently having an issue getting around an issue with forwarding emails that the other posts as far as i can see dont seem to cover.

Scenario,

I need to forward a HTML email to a mailbox.

In the forwarded message i want to add a message body.

Problem,

Having looked online and played around with some other solutions, Using the “Send outlook mail message” Activity.

• isBodyHTML is checked
  • Forward > MailMessage property contains the current message i wish to forward.
  • Body contains the message i want to include in the forwarded message.

The forwarded email does not contain the additional message - “Add this message to the forwarded email”

and 2nd (less important at the moment) the forwarded email appears to strip any/all images from the email and put them on the forwarded email as attachments.

What i would like the forwarded message to look like is

1 Like

forward mail.xaml (8.9 KB)
the workflow…

1 Like

Hey @Marc_Henry-Wright1

Are you doing some external forwarding ?

As normally this behaviour when you forward your mail for some external accounts.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hi @Nithinkrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure what you mean by external forwarding. Do you mean am i trying to forward an email from another shared/users inbox?

Currently i’m trying to get this to work from my email inbox and as a test, seeing if i can forward the email to myself.

The end product will be that the bot will run on a server (essentially set up as a user, with its own instance of outlook, logged into its own account that will forward these messages to another email address)

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Marc_Henry-Wright1

Thanks for the details, what is the version of outlook and activity version you are trying?

Will try to replicate the scenario to check.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Its outlook 365, the specific version of outlook installed is

(Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2204 Build 16.0.15128.20158) 64-bit )

and the Package version i am using UiPath.Mail.Activities v1.12.3

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Marc_Henry-Wright1

Okay I see two options,

O360 & Outlook activites.

May be you can try with O360 activities in the mean while, I will check for outlook !

Thanks
#nK

Hello @Marc_Henry-Wright1 ,

If you want to give some styling to the message body, then you have to add it inside the html tags and need to give the styling.

<html>
<body>
<p style="color:blue;">Add this message to the forward message</p>
</body>
</html>