FormExtractor In Document Understanding

Hi All,

I have three PDF files and need to extract data from all the three PDF files. For creating Template in Form Extractor in Document Understanding , Do I need to create separate template for all the three PDF files or I just need to create a single Template in form Extractor.

@Anil_G @supermanPunch any help on this ?

@marina.dutta

if the fields and formats are different then we need to create 3

cheers

@Anil_G

The fields which I am trying to extract are same in all three forms and format is also same. Still If I train Just the first form, it extracts properly but for the seocnd and third its not able to extract

Hi @marina.dutta ,

Could you let us know if all the fields defined are not able to be extracted or only some of them are not extracted ?

Also, let us know if all the PDF files are having the same number of pages.

@supermanPunch

For the first pdf I am getting all the fields correctly but for the second pdf i am getting two fields correctly. I am not getting three fields start date, end date , payment terms. Also, I created the pdf from all the three word documents. Originally, it was word document , i saved as PDF then extracted the fields. First pdf is having number of pages as 8 and next two pdf is having as number of 9 pages.

@marina.dutta ,

This might be one of the reasons, the field positions of the incorrectly identified fields in the other 2 PDFs may be different than the first PDF.

@supermanPunch

How to over come that in Document Understanding? Do we use anchor or in this case I need to create different templates.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.