For each row in DataTable: I keep re-looping to Row0

Hi,

I am not sure what is wrong, but I keep re-looping to Row 0. I checked by writing to a messagebox

DT1.Rows.IndexOf(row)

My process flow:
Capture

Unless the process flow in my flowchart somehow re-set my DT. Is there anyway to check? Thanks in advance!

Hy @Anonymous2,

Everything seems ok to me. Could you share your workflow so I can take a look?

Regards

Hi @Anonymous2

Instead of DT1.Rows.IndexOf(row)
just try using row(0).ToString

Hope this may help you to solve your query
Mark as solution if this helps you and like it :innocent:

Happy Automation :raised_hands:

Best Regards
Er Pratik Wavhal :robot::man_technologist:t4: :computer:

Hi

I don’t think you understand the Qn. I can’t break out of the loop. Not sure what it has to do with changing to row(0).ToString

Hy, you could use a log message to watch the progress of your data table rows, use a counter

something like this
i = i +1
i.toString / DT.Rows.Count.toString

please git it a try and let me know.

Regards

Hi

I checked that I got out of the “For Each” Loop because I get the messagebox “Out of Loop”.

Capture2
But the strange thing is that it repeats itself and go thru the “For Each” loop and I get the messagebox again.

Anyone knows why this is happening? I am using a sequence.

Hy @Anonymous2,

Could you share your workflow with me so I can take a look?

Regards

Test.zip (2.1 KB)

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have attached my workflow. It is within a flowchart as I have many processes which I have removed in this file.

The issue is that the workflow keep re-opening my Excel and goes thru the same steps although it is a sequence.

Could it be because it is within an Excel Application scope?

Thank you

Hy @Anonymous2,

The workflow “keeps re-opening the excel because the visible options is checked”

Please uncheck it!

The rest seems ok!
Try this and let me know if it works

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I un-checked the visible option, but my Excel fille still keep re-opening.

1 Like

@Anonymous2,

Check in your workflow if there are any other Excel Application Scope, this visible button is the only option that would open your excel file.

1 Like

Everything seems to be correct, Keep a message box before excel application scope and before for each data row.

1 Like

@Anonymous2 @William_Blech_Sister @Zorojir

The problem is with how you have connected your excel application scope, It is reconnected to itself

1 Like