For Each Loop Break and Return to next row

I have a bot that runs a for each loop <=5 then breaks out of the loop and has to return back into the loop to continue process at row 6. I am testing a theory and need to know if this is possible?
So I get the row count out of the dt
I begin a for each
Pull some data out of the dt (a number value)
I have an assign = dt_verity.Rows.IndexOf(row)
then an if condition of dt_verity.Rows.IndexOf(row) <=5

This process runs and breaks out of the activity but I am not sure how to get this process to return back into the for each at row 6?

Hi @jeff.shubzda

You don’t have to calculate the Row Index separately, make use of Index property of For Each Row In Data Table Activity.

Note: Index starts with 0, to skip the first 5 rows the condition should be RowIndex < 5

maybe restarting a loop can better done with the for each activity | typeargument: datarow
values: dt_verify.AsEnumerable.Skip(yourSkipVar)
skipVar | int32 - 0 on begin, later e.g. 5 to ommit the first 5 rows

I looked at this skip variable earlier. What I want to do and maybe I wasn’t clear is run the 1st 5 rows of data, process them and breakout and come back into the process at row 6. My reason is I am having issue with a site that runs out of memory so I have to run a process for a certain number and then exit the process to reboot the application and start clean where it left off?

Please check if below logic will work for you or not.

For each row in dtInput

Navigate and extract data from site
 counter = counter +1
 if counter > 5 then
   invoke xaml > cleanup xaml (this utility will close the app and clear the cache and login again)
 end if
Next row

its a method

mayb the combination of
Skip(0).Take(5)
Skip(5).Take(5)
etc. is what you are looking for

have a look here:

Try using the mod function. Mod returns the remainder when dividing. So rowIndex mod 5 = 0 will be true for every multiple of 5, because 5/5 = 1 with 0 remainder, 10/5 = 2 with zero remainder, etc. That way you can perform certain activities every 5th row.

Put you For Each inside a Do Loop. for example.
LoopCount = Quotient of number of items in for each/5
Index = 0
Do for 0 To LoopCount
For Each CurrentIndex to Current index + 5 activity
Index = Index+1
EndDo

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.