Find out value from Datatable without column header

Hi Everyone ,

I hope you are doing well. I have a scenario. I think it’s a known one. If you can help me with the solution.

How to find out one text from the entire Datatable , Datatable is not having any column header.

Suppose the value is “Sourav”. Need to find it from a Datatable. We don’t know in which column this value would be available, and also we don’t have any column header name.

What would be the solution.

Thanks,
Sourav

1 Like

Hey @learning_sourav

Kindly use Lookup Data Table.

Thanks
#nK

Hello

Convert output of excel to Output data table. And simply use “Contains” method.

if(Readable_Data.Contains(“Sourav”))
It will return true or false.

Hug

Hi
Two methods:

1. Convert you datatable to text with ‘Output Data Table’ activity and then find the value.
    existe = myoutput.Contains(“Sourav”)
  2. Largest, find row by row for all columns by position 0,1…
    existe = myDatatable.AsEnumerable.Any(Function(r) r(0).Tostring.Contains(“Sourav”) OrElse r(1).Tostring.Contains(“Sourav”) OrElse … )

Cheers

to check if the value is present within the datatable in any row / any column we can do
Variable:
strTerm = Sourav

hasTerm | Boolean =

yourDataTableVar.AsEnumerable.Any(Function (d) d.ItemArray.Any(Function (x) x.toString.toUpper.Contains(strTerm.toUpper)))

Thank you for the quick responce. I accept this solution, as this one gave me correct output also it is easiest and less time taking approach.

Thanks once again.

Thanks others also for the quick responce.

Regards,
Sourav

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.