File path name too long for unzip

Hi,

I am trying to unzip some files but got the file path name too long error. I cannot change the file names and they should stay the same unfortunately. I have looked at Long Path Tool but unsure how to integrate this into UiPath.

I was told that 7-zip would fix this. However, when I tried to use 7-zip with “Start Process”, it only created an empty folder without actually moving anything from the zip files to this folder. FileName has been set to “C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe”. Could anyone help me check if it should be this argument: “e + SourceFolder.ToString + " -oc:" + DestFolder.ToString +”" + ID.ToString +" .* -r” where SourceFolder is the Download folder and DestFolder +ID is the individual folder where I want to move each individual zip file to?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

@upnewbie

Can you share the the folder paths? Source and Destination

Thanks

Long Path Tool can simplify and probably end your problems in unlocking, managing and renaming files that appear to have a long filename.

Thank you. The Source is C:\users\abc\Downloads and Destination should be C:\users\abc\RPA(zip file name)

@upnewbie

Check attached xaml

Compress.xaml (7.9 KB)

Mark as solution if this helps you
Thanks

Thank you, it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.