Extract table in pdf with empty columns and create excel sheet

Hi,

I’m struggling with extracting table data in a PDF and generating an excel sheet. I’m getting the data from pdf as a string using read PDF text activity. But the empty columns in that table is skipped and all data is merged together. I want the output table in excel as same as in PDF. I will attach the table content in PDF. Can anyone help me on to generate an excel table as like the same table in PDF

?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Renju

Did you find a solution? I am running into the same issue. I can get the data, but empty columns are collapsed (skipped) and the columns have significance in my source. I am working with a Native PDF (text, not image). I tried ExtractData (all 3 options) as well as GetFullText and GetVisibleText. Nothing preserves the column/data relationship. I realize that PDF is not intended to provide structure, but the data isn’t much good without it.

Looks like I found the solution – and it is the easiest possible solution. You don’t even need to extract the table. You can use the (very fast and simple) PDF.Activities.ReadPDFText with the PreserveFormatting property set to True. Split the result on NewLine for an array of strings that are column-delimited data (space padded) that can be readily converted using substring.