Extract data from multiple scanned pdfs to multiple text files then extract specific data from each text file to excel.Please help

Help me create a flow system that will Extract data from multiple scanned pdfs to multiple text files then extract specific data from each text file to excel.Please help,i am new to Uipath

@PHETHO_SILAS

Welcome to forums

First to read the files from folder->Go to Snippets->Select For Each File in folder, which is a readymade solution for you

Install PDF packages from Manage Package, search for PDF as below

so to extract the the info from pdfs you can place Read pdf with OCR activity inside the For Each activity and provide the OCR engine.

After this you place write text file activity to write to text

This is the normal process, but if you want to achieve good results then you have to search for ML based OCR’s like UiPath Document understanding, Abbyy Flexicapture etc.,

Hope this helps you

Thanks

@Srini84
Thank you so much.This will really help.

Thanks

@Srini84 i got stuck sir.I have tried everything.
This problem is unique because of the structure of the documents.I even tried to group them according to their formats or structure,tried to change selectors.Used Uipath ML models but nothing is working.

The following is what we need to extract and import the data on an 1 excel spreadsheet.The system must then be able to extract even 100 pdf or more of this type of documents
1.Company Name
2. Registration number
3. Supplier classification (EME, QSE or Generic)
4. BEE Level (Level 1-8)
5. Black ownership percentage
6. Female ownership percentage
7. Designated group supplier
8. Expiry date

please help.See attached of what i tried to do
Scanned Pdfs.zip (7.3 MB)