Expression Editor Default Size

A minor idea but would it be possible to have the expression editor window default to a larger size or save the re-sized details into registry so it loads with your preferred size instead of having to re-size every time I edit some script / text

Regards

James, Andrew April 20, 2016 17:53 PLANNED

1 Like

Up. Added to the backlog.
Mihai Badita April 20, 2016 17:58

Could we also have it so that there was an option to have the text wrap inside the expression editor window or there was at least a scroll bar?

Daniel Morgan May 03, 2016 17:57

Assuming that the window size issue will be resolved I think it will be a better idea in terms of readability if you separate the VB.NET code on multiple lines by using the “_”?

Mihai Badita May 05, 2016 20:34

When editing an Execute NonQuery or Query it would be nice if the extended size box didn’t shrink when you click in the box to edit. I see the whole query then it shrinks and we have to resize every time. Is there a setting to adjust?

Hi All,

Is there any option to change or configure the Expression Editor Box Size??

Regards,
Arivu

@arivu96, AFAIK Two ways,

1. Dragging side ways, down and left.

2. Double clicking on the bottom edge expands the window.

Along with Line continuation char (underscore), even query editing can be made simpler.

Regards,
Dom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes @Dominic i know that, i asked is there any way to increase the default size of the Expression Editor box size using config or settings i am asking, because default one is very small each and every time i need to extend the box. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Arivu

Sorry @arivu96, No idea on changing the default size :disappointed:

closed for duplicate:

hi all,
i’d like to save personal layout of studio windows - variables properties editors like:

to

or
to

or
to

etc.

all changes are lost with new instanse

Duplicate:

Double clicking the bottom edge expanded the window. After that I changed the window to the size I desired and clicked “OK”. After that windows size was memorized!!
Thanks!

1 Like