*** excel loop the value and put in the applications***

Hi all,
I have one clarification I have a excel its contains some value like “12345678910” upto 10 columns and 10 different values. while I try to loop the data from excel to one of my application i am getting only the last column value in the excel using the type into activity I need to loop from the first coulmn and execute on the type into and need to extract some values. once its got completed its should go to the next column value and execute the type into once again need to extract some values. this is how its should perform. anybody can help me solve this.

Sample.xlsx (7.7 KB)

1 Like

@Abudhahir hi please check below steps.

1. Read excel file and store data into datatable variable.

2. Open required application

3. Use for each loop.
    a) Using typeinto input the row(0).Tostring or row(“ColumnName”).ToString into
    search bar.
    b) Extract the values and do necessary operations on it
    c) if required navigate back to search page

Note: after this step loop again step a and this will be repeated untill all values in
    excel are completed.

4. Process completed

Ok I will check and let you know. Thanks for your help.

Hi
–hope these steps could help you resolve this
–use excel application scope and pass the file path as input
–use a read range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named outdt
–use a while loop and mention like this
colcounter < outdt.Columns.Count
where colcounter is a int32 variable with default value as 0 defined in the variable panel
–inside this while loop use a for each row activity and pass the datatable outdt as input
–inside this for each row loop use a assign activity and get the value of the first column as per the first iteration like this
out_value = row(colcounter).ToString
where out_value is what going to be used in application and is of type string
–next to this use a open browser or open application to pass the value obtained from each row of the first column
–after this for each row loop but still being inside the while loop, use a assign activity like this to increment the colcounter value to get all rows value from the next column consequently
colcounter = colcounter + 1

simple isnt it
hope this would help you
kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Abudhahir