Excel Error: The remote Procedure call failed (Exception From HRESULT: 0x800706BE

I have been trying to get a macro to run in excel and while it was working properly for a period of time I am now receiving this error message.

This is what my workflow looks like.

I found putting the application scope in a try/catch with the catch being an excelException and using another path to another copy of the sheet i needed as backup. I don’t know if that applies to you or not. I just figured it was because it could not get to the remote server.

this is a bug in uipath 2019. as a work around try to kill excel application before and after excel application scope

1 Like

I am facing the same error. We have 2 excel files where we open one copy data to clipboard and then open the second file and paste it.
My application was working fine in Production for the last 2 months and now it is failing intermittently. There is no change in code nor a update to UI Path. We have in-house orchestrator as well. It is kind of strange that why it is popping up now.

Now I have this issue of version 2020.4.

I am facing the same error after upadate to 2020.10.4
We have 2 open excel files with USE EXCEL FILE and we copy data from one to other with COPY RANGE and after delete first 4 rows with DELETE ROWS excel it’s closing inexplicably and open again but we receive this error:
[ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [32] Delete Rows: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [1] RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
There is no change in code.

Use this, this work’s for me: