Excel data searching

hey i want to take one data from excel and check the data is present in another excel file if not present write the data into new sheet

Hi @Kuldeep_Pandey

Read the excel then use for each data row and inside the loop use a filter datatable and check if the row is present or not…If present then you are good if not you have the row which is not matching add it to a different datatable and at the end write it to excel

cheers

Hi, you have a many alternative the firt one can be the modern activities like “find/replace value” the other one is, read both excel whit read range and then use filter data table or for each for find the value

Rodrigo Neira

Hi @Kuldeep_Pandey ,

A more detailed explanation of what needs to be done if provided we could be able to help you in a better way.

Let us know a Sample Data and it’s Corresponding Output data, explain the matching condition that is to happen.

Vlookup can work in this?

Can u share xml file of this?

Hi @Kuldeep_Pandey

You need not use any vlookup here. A direct filter datatable with a if condition is sufficient to identify and create rows which are not matching

cheers

I have to check one excel data present in the another excel file or not in this whats the role of filter data table i m not able to understand this

Hi @Kuldeep_Pandey

Thats not role of filter datatable

1. Read both datatables into dt1 and dt2
    2.Now loop dt1 using for each row in datatable
  2. Use filter datatable and filter dt2 for the required columns by using currentrow of dt1
  3. Then if rows are returned then they are matching if not they are not matching. Which can be checked using if condition dt.Rowscount>0
  4. If true then that row(rom dt1) is matching if false that row is not matching with any row in dt2

cheers

pls explian if condition again

Hi @Kuldeep_Pandey

In the if condition give dt.rowcount>0

On true side you will get matching rows and on false side you will get non matching rows

Hope this clears?

Cheers