Excel as a test data source

Hello everyone, I am having problems choosing an excel file as a data source. I get the error that says the file is already open but it is not. I have even created another file and I still have the same problem. However, there are excel files that I can take.
Are there any restrictions regarding format, type of tables or anything else that could block the file?

Hi @Matias_Clemente.Arg,
The error you are facing occurs when you try to use data driven testing and the excel file is already open. Close all instances of excel and try again. The data variation only loads all the values from excel, but it requires that the input excel file is not opened by your other others (if using a network drive).
Hope it helps you!

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but it is no longer open by any other application, I even created a new file and it didn’t take it either.

@Matias_Clemente.Arg ,

Simply restart your computer/system then without opening excel file, you try to attach. Then will work. Sometimes what happen some of the application they are using certain application instance in background therefore such types of issues come.

Thanks