Excel Application Scope: Failed opening the Excel file . Possible reasons: the file is corrupt, the file is already used by another process or you don't have permissions to open the file

pls what was the activity title used for adding that specific workbook to the workflow

pls how did you do this in details?..thanks

pls can you show me how?

To overcome the exception - ‘Excel Application Scope: Failed opening the Excel file C:\Users\abcde\13Oct2023_135011.xlsx. Possible reasons: the file is corrupt, the file is already used by another process or you don’t have permissions to open the file’ , I have added delay of 5seconds (delay should be minimum 5 seconds as the bot needs to save the background excel operations) before killing the ‘Excel’ app. This worked for me.

I was facing even, replaced the scope of Excel with the Workbook. It worked

I solved the problem by shutting down UiPath User Service or all services related to UiPath in the process
我通过这个解决了问题,在进程中关闭Uipath User Service或者有关uipath所有的服务

I also have this problem, i’m doing the Ui Path learning program and i can’t get past “Building the Workflow -Part Two”

Please if anyone have a solution.

1 Like

Just rename the Excel file and, if you use it, the Template file in the Use Excel file activity. The file
name you have used and therefore the file is probably broken, because it did not get saved properly. An Excel file can get corrupted if the file is open and Excel is closed abruptly without saving.