Excel application scope collides with read cell

I have to use excel application scope because I need to read data from an excel file into outlook and at the end also add a line into excel for the “treatment time” (I was required to do this using invoke VBA which requires excel application scope).
Until now, I did a read cell with the path of the excel file. As soon as I add excel application scope, the problem arises that read cell requires me to insert a path. If I don’t enter - an error is displayed (as I attached a screenshot). If I add the Excel path here as well, I find an error: Read Cell: The process cannot access the UiPath\Contacts.xlsx’ because it is being used by another process.

I would appreciate any help!

1 Like

Hi @efratil

Try using Read Cell from classic activity. I think the activity that you are using is Read Cell workbook where you need to specify the excel file path. and while working with workbook activities, excel should not be in open, if it’s open it will throw an Error Read Cell: The process cannot access the UiPath\Contacts.xlsx’ because it is being used by another process. Excel Application Scope open the excel and does the further process.

Refer the below image for better understanding.

Hope you understand!!
Regards

thank you! I think thats will help.

1 Like

You are using the Workbook Read Range which does not need Excel Application Scope. There is a different Read Range activity that goes inside Excel Application Scope.

Also, it is long past time to start working in modern.

Hope your query is resolved @efratil. If yes, please mark my post as solution to close the loop or if you have any queries, I’m happy to help.

Regards