Excel apears to be busy

try to practice the send email with unicon name… but I keep getting this “Excel appears to be busy. Please check that you are not editing a value and that no dialog windows are opened”.

There is no excel open. I also check the task manager… The only way I solve it is to COMPLETE log out from UIpath studioX and CLOSE all browser… Is there a better way to do it?

Hi @fleong - please take a look here → StudioX keeps on saying Error of not running Excel - #3 by afe.araromi

It appears that sometimes excel stays open in the background, let me know if this resolves you issue.
Also can you let me know if this happens after the automation was running or before?

1 Like

today, I have not run into this error… but do you have any “Action” that will properly close the excel when it is all done. Does not seems right to manually run window R to fix it

I upgraded to Studio 20.4.3 today. Before that I never had this error. Now, when I run an automation within Studio, I get the error about 80% of the time. Sometimes, I can just run it again and I don’t get the error. But most of the time, I have to restart my machine for the error to go away. I’ve looked for Excel.exe processes running in the background and can’t find any and have tried “kill” in Power Shell, but it says there’s no excel.exe running. Interestingly, I have not seen the error when running any automation from UI Path Assistant–the error only seems to occur for me when running from Studio.

This worked for me in msd:
taskkill /f /fi /im excel.exe

You can add the code in a batch file and run it before Excel activity