Error while creating Outlook Path

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to do my first UiPathX program, and it’s supposed to find newest unread email in the Desktop Outlook App, and save file then unzip it, rename the unzipped mail in given format.
The problem is I’m getting error at the beginning of my program trying to catch email folders, as there is error:

Can someone tell me how can i fox this?

Hello,

Can you provide the following details :

• Studio version and activity packages versions

• Office version

*Logs , which are found in %localappdata%\UiPath\Logs

Thank you,

Dragos.

UIX version - 2020.10.6
Outlook version: 16.0.14931.20858

I don’t know how to check packages versions

In the StudioX ribbon just click on the manage packages button

Don’t mind if the interface or package versions differ a bit I’m on develop :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,

Dragos.

These are the packages in my project

Thank you :slight_smile: Now can you upload the logs ?

Dragos.

Probably i can’t. I cant select dropdown list on logging.

Dude ( sorry 4 that ) but please pretty please do not share that url with anybody, at least not a public forum :slight_smile: I will delete that image . So by logs I mean the files that are found in the path %localappdata%\UiPath\Logs

They will help us determine what’s going on :slight_smile:

Regards,

Dragos.

So I took a look at the error logs that you provided and it seems that the error that is thrown is :slight_smile:
[ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [56] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004004): Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

A quick search for this error resulted in the following articles :slight_smile:

https://uipath-survey.secure.force.com/CaseView/articles/Knowledge/Get-Outlook-Mail-Messages-activity-does-not-retrieve-Mail-Body-and-From-address?lang=en_US

So my educated guess would be to follow the steps described in the second article and check that the policies are ok.

And just to eliminate one of the possible causes could you provide the info that is provided by StudioX when you click the “Copy Info” button

and also the information that is displayed when you click the “About outlook” button in the Office account details from outlook

Regards,
Dragos.

Let’s look at four effective ways to rectify the issue.

1. Verify the Path of the PST File and Fix it if Needed.
  2. Recover the Contents of the PST File in Case the File Path is Correct.
  3. Build a New Outlook Profile.
  4. Run the System Restore Feature to Get Back to a Previous Working State.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez